Larry’s River Foot Bridge
A swinging bridge that joined the east to the west side of the river was built in the early 1920’s. The bridge consisted of two steel towers, and was built high enough to allow sailing ships to go upriver. It was taken down in the 1940’s and replaced with a three-foot wide footbridge. The steel towers were taken down in the 1960’s. The footbridge is still in use today.