Larry’s River School
In 1878, the community built a schoolhouse, which was replaced in 1920 with a larger four-room school.
School would close for a bit around the end of September and all the kids would go pick fox berries by the barrel. These were shipped to a market in Halifax, to be traded for molasses and other provisions that would see the families through the winter.
Children from Lundy would walk down to school in Larry’s River which is 13 km.
The school was located where the Parc de nos Ancetres is now.